Thursday, February 08, 2007

Crochet Progress: Small Steps

My crochet skills have improved by leaps and bounds in the past week. Keep in mind that prior to sitting down and devoting concerted efforts to this, my skills consisted solely of making scarves.

Observe: I can now crochet in a circle (left) and also make a granny square (right).

I am sure that my family and friends will be delighted to know that they will be getting more than just scarves for Christmas and birthdays from now on.

I can even make blankets and things for my friend K's baby, who is due to arrive at any time now. I was going to make her a scarf, but several people questioned the wisdom of giving a scarf to an infant.

It's progress, y'all.

2 comments:

angela said...

Awesome. Crochet seems like it'd be such a relaxing hobby.

Law School Transplant said...

It is definitely fun and relaxing, and the easier stuff can be done while you're watching TV (or some other activity requiring most of your attention).

I'm always looking for creative outlets to sort of get outside the constraints of law school. I definitely recommend it!